- You must be a member in good standing of the Specialty Food Association.
- 2021 membership dues must be paid in full.
- Non-Member products represented by member brokers, distributors, incubator kitchens and importers may be entered into the sofi Awards. Should this type of entry win a sofi Award, the honor and trophy will be attributed to the member who entered that product.
- The sofi Awards are independent of the Fancy Food Shows, therefore you do not need to be an exhibitor at the Fancy Food Shows (Summer or Winter) to enter.
Entries in the New Product category must have been introduced to the U.S. market after March 1, 2020 and before October 1, 2020.
Products competing in all categories must be selling in the U.S. market no later than October 1, 2020;(for a minimum of six (6) months).
- All product entries must be ready for sale. Mock-ups and products still in R&D phase will not be accepted. All product entries must have US regulation labels in English and also should accompany any foodservice/check-weight type products.
- A product entered for a Gold or Silver Award does not have a restriction on how far back it was entered into the market - only that it is currently ready for sale. See New Product Requirements below for the only exception.
- There are no limits to the number of products/SKUs you can submit. However, each additional entry must have a its own application and paid for separately.
- Each product/SKU can only be entered in ONE category. A different size or package form of the same product is not a viable, additional entry.
- The same products/SKUs that won sofi Gold in 2020 are not eligible to be entered again for the 2021 sofi Awards.
- If the judges believe your product has been entered into an incorrect category, we reserve the right to move your entry into the appropriate category to ensure your product is judged with similar category items.
- Submissions will not be returned. Viable extra product samples will be donated after judging.
- Pet food, foods containing CBD or THC, non-food items and dietary/nutritional/health supplements (a product taken orally that contains one or more ingredients, such as vitamins or amino acids that are intended to supplement one's diet and are not considered food) are not eligible for judging. The Specialty Food Association reserves the right to disqualify any products that are deemed ineligible for the sofi Awards.
More Chances to Win for New Products
For a new product, you may elect to compete for both the sofi New Product Award—as well as sofi Gold or Silver Award—in the same category. However, you must enter and pay for two applications as there are two different sets of judging and associated costs.