- You must be a full member of the Specialty Food Association in good standing.
- 2018 membership dues must be paid in full.
- Member candidates cannot enter, as they are not full members.
- The sofi Awards are independent of the Fancy Food Shows, therefore you do not need to be an exhibitor at the Fancy Food Shows (Summer or Winter) to enter.
- All product entries must be ready for sale. Mock-ups and products still in R&D phase will not be accepted. A product entered for a Gold, Silver, or Bronze does not have a restriction on how far back it was entered into the market - only that it is currently ready for sale. See New Product Requirements below for the only exception.
- There are no limits to the number of products/SKUs you can submit.
- Each product/SKU can only be entered in ONE category.
- The same products/SKUs that won sofi Gold in 2017 are not eligible to be entered again for the 2018 sofi Awards.
- If the judges believe your product has been entered into an incorrect category, we reserve the right to move your entry into the appropriate category.
- Submissions will not be returned. Extra product samples will be donated after judging.
NEW PRODUCT REQUIREMENTS
- Must be introduced to the market after the 2017 Summer Fancy Food Show, meaning, after June 27, 2017
- In the application form, write in two sentences (300 characters or less) why your product is new and innovative within the category. Please refer to the judging criteria of innovation as your guide.
More Chances to Win for New Products
For a new product, you may elect to compete for both the sofi New Product Award—as well as sofi Gold, Silver, or Bronze Award—in the same category. However, you must enter and pay for two applications as there are two different sets of judging and associated costs.