- You must be a full member of the Specialty Food Association in good standing.
- 2019 membership dues must be paid in full.
- Member candidates cannot enter, as they are not full members.
- Non-Member products represented by member brokers, distributors, incubator kitchens and importers may be entered into the sofi Awards. Should this type of entry win a sofi Award, the honor and trophy will be attributed to the member who entered that product.
- The sofi Awards are independent of the Fancy Food Shows, therefore you do not need to be an exhibitor at the Fancy Food Shows (Summer or Winter) to enter.
Entries in the New Product category must have been introduced to the U.S. market after March 1, 2018 and before September 1, 2018.
Products competing in all categories must be selling in the U.S. market no later than September 1, 2018 (for a minimum of six (6) months).
- All product entries must be ready for sale. Mock-ups and products still in R&D phase will not be accepted. A product entered for a Gold, Silver, or Bronze does not have a restriction on how far back it was entered into the market - only that it is currently ready for sale. See New Product Requirements below for the only exception.
- There are no limits to the number of products/SKUs you can submit.
- Each product/SKU can only be entered in ONE category.
- The same products/SKUs that won sofi Gold in 2018 are not eligible to be entered again for the 2019 sofi Awards.
- If the judges believe your product has been entered into an incorrect category, we reserve the right to move your entry into the appropriate category.
- Submissions will not be returned. Extra product samples will be donated after judging.
- Pet food, foods containing CBD or THC, non-food items and nutritional/health supplements (a product taken orally that contains one or more ingredients, such as vitamins or amino acids that are intended to supplement one's diet and are not considered food) are not eligible for judging. The Specialty Food Association reserves the right to disqualify any products that are deemed ineligible for the sofi Awards.
More Chances to Win for New Products
For a new product, you may elect to compete for both the sofi New Product Award—as well as sofi Gold, Silver, or Bronze Award—in the same category. However, you must enter and pay for two applications as there are two different sets of judging and associated costs.